Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Authors may suggest up to 4 peer reviewers. The Editor is not obligated to use these reviewers but will give all consideration
Article Processing Fees
Like most Open Access titles, the JOMH applies an Article Processing Charge (APC), only after the manuscript has been accepted by the editor. The author will be sent an invoice for the Article Processing Charge. Letters to the Editor, short commentaries and select invited articles will not be charged an APC.
The APC for the Journal of Men’s Health is US $1,100.
The Journal of Men’s Health will provide the highest level of editorial service for the author, including a rigorous peer review process, expert editing and production editing, and excellent design services. All articles are archived through Portico and will be assigned a unique DOI (Digital Object Identifier) through Cross Ref. Published articles are also archived in Web of Science.
An author’s ability to pay APCs is not a consideration in the decision of whether to publish. Authors living in one of the United Nations' list of Least Developed Countries may request a fee waiver. See country list here.
Authors living in countries not considered "least developed" who do not have the ability to pay the APC's may be eligible for a reduced rate.Please contact the publisher directly at email@example.com.
Copyright of articles published in JOMH is retained by the author(s). The author(s) grants JOMH the rights to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. The author grants JOMH exclusive commercial rights to the article. The author grants any party the rights to use the article freely for non-commercial purposes provided that the original work is properly cited.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. The data collected from registered and non-registered users of this journal falls within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals. It includes information that makes communication possible for the editorial process; it is used to inform readers about the authorship and the content.
The data will not be sold by this journal nor will it be used for purposes other than those stated here. Those involved in editing this journal seek to be compliant with industry standards for data privacy, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provision for “data subject rights” that include (a) breach notification; (b) right of access; (c) the right to be forgotten; (d) data portability; and (e) privacy by design. The GDPR also allows for the recognition of “the public interest in the availability of the data,” which has a particular saliency for those involved in maintaining, with the greatest integrity possible, the public record of scholarly publishing.